As part of the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005, companies have a legal duty to ensure that a risk assessment is carried out by a competent person and to establish if there is a risk to health.
Validate Consulting have trained specialist consultants to help businesses comply with these regulations. This can be done by conducting a workplace occupational noise monitoring survey.
As part of the noise survey, Validate Consulting provide:
- Noise mapping to identify hearing protection zones
- Control measures to take for noise reduction
- Static measurements to highlight all significant noise sources
- Personal noise sampling
- Frequency analysis assessment to assess suitability of hearing protection.
- Measurement and advice of noisy processes/machines.
- Bespoke noise awareness training at all levels
A noise survey helps to identify:
- Areas where employees are likely to be exposed to harmful levels of noise
- Machines and equipment which generate harmful levels of noise
- Operatives who might be exposed to unacceptable noise levels
The results of this will aid the company in formulating its action plan to reduce exposures to noise, as required by regulations.
If you have any questions or would like more information please do not hesitate to get in touch via our contact section or email.
Get in touch
Noise Survey FAQ’s
What does a noise survey involve?
How long does a noise survey take?
How often do I need to undertake a noise survey?
Examples of changes could include:
Equipment changes – location of equipment, removal, addition, runtimes etc
Control Measures –Acoustic enclosures may have been installed and you wish to assess the effectiveness