Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres assessment will assist site management in the assessment of the application of the European ‘ATEX 137 Workplace Directive 99/92/EC’ in their activities.
ATEX 137 is applied in the UK as the ‘Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations 2002’. These Regulations will be used in the assessment and it will consider:
- Is a ‘dangerous substance’ present?
- Could an explosive atmosphere occur and persist?
- What are the possible sources of ignition?
- How bad would a fire or explosion be?
- Who could be harmed?
- What are the preventative and protective measures?
- What needs to be done to control the risk?
If you have any questions or would like more information please do not hesitate to get in touch via our contact section or email.